TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We do not require registration for access to www.greentechskillnet.com or gtsskillsconnect.ie but if you participate in any of the activities or services offered by our websites, we will collect the personal information that we need in order to provide you with those services, such as:
Payment Details (e.g. payment transactions issued through our website using Stripe payment services)
- personal details (e.g. name);
- contact details (e.g. mobile number, email address, county of residence);
- employment details (e.g. office number, occupational category; employer name, employer address);
- Demographics (e.g. age range, gender, education level achieved);
The Green Tech Skillnet will collect information relating to participants on training programmes, seminars, workshops or events partially or fully-funded by Skillnet Ireland from the National Training Fund through the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science (DFHERIS). Skillnet Ireland is mandated by the DES to monitor and evaluate training programmes and to ensure that funds are being used appropriately. Skillnet Ireland and the Green Tech Skillnet will comply with all applicable Data Protection Legislation in the processing of the information and personal data provided by users in your registration form. Where you provide sensitive personal information to us voluntarily we will assume that we have your consent to use that information in connection with the purpose for which it has been provided.
Delivering Skillnet Ireland training programmes, seminars, workshops, working groups or events via the Green Tech Skillnet.
PURPOSE OF WHICH WE HOLD YOUR INFORMATION
We collect personal information from you in the following circumstances:
Monitoring the training programmes of the Green Tech Skillnet. Skillnet Ireland is required by the DFHERIS to perform compliance reviews, evaluations of the training programmes, quality assurance and to verify attendance at training. You may be contacted either by telephone or email for these purposes.
For the purposes of providing aggregated statistical information to the DFHERIS to help inform national policy in relation to skills. You may be contacted by third parties, contracted by Skillnet Ireland to perform monitoring and evaluation activities for these specific purposes only.
- when you contact us to request further information
- when you subscribe to any of our insights through our mailing list
- when you subscribe to any of our blogs
- when you register to attend an event
Skillnet Ireland relies on the legal basis of necessary legitimate interests to process your personal data. Further information on this can be found in the Skillnet Ireland Trainee Privacy Statement at:
PURPOSE OF USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use your personal information to:
We must have a legal basis to process your personal information. In most cases the legal basis will be one of the following:
- contact you to give questions and other information regarding the services we are providing to you;
- ensure that our records are kept accurate and up to date where you, your employees or contractors work on or visit our facilities;
- send you messages about products and services which we think will be of interest to you;
- comply with legal obligations to which we are subject
- to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, for example to ensure that invoices are issued correctly, and for ensuring you are able to access our premises when required;
- to comply with our legal obligations to you, for example health and safety obligations while you are on our premises, or to a third party (e.g to comply with a court order);
- to meet our legitimate interests so that: we are able to provide the services you request; our services function correctly in relation to your business; any complaints or concerns can be promptly relayed to you; we can respond to any questions or concerns you might have; we may carry out research and analysis to ensure products and services we offer are relevant to you, and; our records are kept up to date and accurate; and
- send you direct electronic marketing messages to the extent you have consented to receiving such messages in accordance with applicable law.
We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form for research purposes only. This web site collects standard internet log and technical data to measure and improve the effectiveness of this web site, to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer this web site, to see where web site traffic is coming from and to provide you with an enhanced customer experience.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
It is our company policy not to disclose any personal information with any third party. Your data will be managed securely by the Green Tech Skillnet and only used by Green Tech Skillnet and Wind Energy Ireland or its service providers to provide services to you on our behalf. In general, we do not share your personal information with third parties (other than service providers acting on our behalf) unless we have a lawful basis for doing so. We rely on third-party service providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf, such as website hosting, electronic message delivery, payment processing, data analytics and research. This may mean that we have to share your personal information with these third parties. When we share your personal information in this way, we put in place appropriate measures to make sure that our service providers keep your personal information secure. From time to time, we may disclose personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, government investigation, or as otherwise required or permitted by law. Other situations in which we may disclose your personal information to a third party, are:
We may also share aggregated information that cannot identify you for general business analysis, e.g. we may disclose the number of visitors to its websites or services. We do not provide information to third parties for their own marketing purposes and we do not undertake mailings for third parties.
- perform other services we request from service providers;
- in the course of a sale or an acquisition of Wind Energy Ireland;
- where permitted by law, to protect and defend our rights and property; and
- when required by law, and/or public authorities;
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. We require all employees and principals to keep personal information confidential and only authorised personnel have access to this information. We will retain your personal information in accordance with our data retention policy. We will retain your personal information in accordance with our data retention policy which set out data retention periods required or permitted by applicable law.
UPDATING, VERIFYING AND DELETING PERSONAL DATA
You may inform us of any changes in your personal data, and in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 and the GDPR we will update or delete your personal data accordingly. Please contact us at Training@windenergyireland.com
This document was last update on 05/07/2023